2K views
4.0

I own a 1992 lance squire 8000 extended cab camper.

After 25 yrs I had to replace the cooling unit in the refer. I had to remove all the old sealant ( pain staking job, with heat gun and scrapers.) Then re-seal it all.

People think that you can just keep using your camper / Trailer without major maintenance like re-sealing it. Truth is you have to do it about every 5 years depending on what part of the country you live in.

I also have a 28.5' class A Motor home that I had to do the same thing too.

And you CANNOT use regular household caulking/sealant on your RV. You have to use pro flex, dyco, or something similar. Make sure it is for rv's. Yes it is expensive but it does a job that regular household sealant will not do.

My lance camper is great everything works as it should. It cost me $1000.00 to have the cooling unit installed. Because I took it to a rv repair shop.

I did not have the time to repair it myself. And they do it on a daily basis & I'm friends with them so it was a win win for both of us.

So other than replacement of cooling unit and sealing the unit my camper is like new now.

No problems great unit.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Location: Bothell, Washington