2.1K views

I had Lance Service install a Fantastic Fan in my RV. I later discovered when I drove my RV to Florida from California, that they did not re-attach the rubber membrane on the roof correctly.

Due to the heavy rain in Florida, water entered the inside of the roof, and into the coach through the 1/2" to 1" gap between the bent and the rubber membrane. I called Mike Williams at Lance Service. He told me to get the gap repaired to stop water from continuing to enter the coach. I drove the RV 1 1/2 hours away to a reputable RV service.

When I arrived, they inspected the roof and told me that water had entered and began to rot the internal section of the roof, requiring a new rubber roof. It is June/July here (hot & humid), the repair facility said that if we don't take care of the problem now, mold will very quickly begin to grow. I called Lance several times; let several messages with Mike Williams at Lance to explain the full report of the leak. His office said he was there and would call me back.

He never did; he was always "unavailable." Not being able to communicate with Mr. Williams I made a necessary decision to repair the roof correctly. I also called Mr. Williams several times when I picked up the RV a week later; no answer, no return phone call.

Now Mr. Williams and Lance are refusing to pay anything. I ended up putting the $6,000 cost on my credit card. I am in the process of hiring a lawyer to collect this money.

BTW- they also changed the oil on my Motorhome, and I discovered 500 miles later that they have not put the oil cap back on. All I can say is that they are extremely unprofessional, shoddy work, and crooks!

Product or Service Mentioned: Lance Camper Ceiling Fan Installation.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Location: 43120 Venture St, Lancaster, CA 93535, USA

Comments

By by Lance welcome northern lite

I was considering a Lance purchase.

Is this a problem with Lance or a specific dealership?

Lance Camper Reviews